[council] ICANN Evolution and Reform Committee "Final" Report and Recommendations
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: [council] ICANN Evolution and Reform Committee "Final" Report and Recommendations
- From: Louis Touton <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 19:00:54 -0700
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.0rc2) Gecko/20020618 Netscape/7.0b1
To the Names Council:
The ICANN Evolution and Reform Committee's "Final" Implementation Report
and Recommendations has been posted at
This report is accompanied by a set of proposed new bylaws that describe
the (proposed) steady-state future structure and processes for ICANN.
The report gives a summary of the major features of the proposed bylaws.
This Report is expected to be the main topic of discussion at the ICANN
meeting in Shanghai in late October. As explained in the report, the
Evolution and Reform Committee recommends that arrangements for
transition to the reformed ICANN (as determined at the Shanghai meeting)
be considered immediately after the Shanghai meeting.
For those of you interested particularly in gTLD issues, the proposed
bylaws cover the GNSO in Article X. The ccNSO will be covered in
Article IX, but is not included in the proposed bylaws posted today
because the ccNSO Assistance Group is still in the process of
formulating its recommendations.