[council]

[council] WLS petition

----- Original Message -----
Sent: 16 July 2002 05:39
Subject: advice of petition

I would like to bring to the attention of the names council the petition at
http://www.petitiononline.com/antiwls/petition.html

This petition is mention in the public forum at http://forum.icann.org/wls/
where there is much opposition to WLS

The task force report while recommending against the WLS does not indicate
the opposition by the general public that ultimately would have to live with
such a system.

In a less than two weeks almost 2300 people have signed this petition, most
of them the actual end users, those that should be consulted in any bottoms
up process.  It is also worthy to note that even amongst registrars there is
opposition to the WLS.

AS consideration is given to the task force report, I would also ask that
the public opinion and the large numbers that have signed in the short time
this petition has been available, be considered.

Andrew McMeikan
Member of the Public.
Also a domain name holder.

This e-mail and any attachment is for authorised use by the intended recipient(s) only.  It may contain proprietary material, confidential information and/or be subject to legal privilege.  It should not be copied, disclosed to, retained or used by, any other party.  If you are not an intended recipient then please promptly delete this e-mail and any attachment and all copies and inform the sender.  Thank you.