[council]

RE: [council] RE: Draft NC Resolution reform

I really don't agree with this assessment on all fronts.  Here's why: while the BC supports much of the Blueprint, we find that some of the decisions are, frankly, not sustainable over the long term perspective...  in fact, ironically, the GAC agrees with "us" on some of these issues.

:-)

There will be a series of opportunities to comment on the implementation.

So, I suggest that the NC determine what those essential elements are where we are in support of, and in disagreement with, the Blueprint. It is after all a Blueprint. We are urged to provide comments; and in  fact, there will be open comment periods on different items. It would be irresponsible of us not to be thoughtful in our comments and input.

"It" isn't concrete--meaning that stuff sidewalks are made of.  :-0

YET.

Let's add the value which we are capable of adding... figuring out those two to three areas where we might, truly, know "best".  :-) Or know something of value.

For instance, again, I seriously challenge how to ensure geographic diversity without maintaining the three BD members per SO. Geographic diversity is a core value -- and we should make our views known about its importance.

Of course, the NC will examine, closely, how to implement. BUT, let's make sure it is something which is sustainable and supportable which is being implemented.

Isn't that what we think we are about?

MC