[council]

RE: [council] RE: Draft NC Resolution reform

Hello Marilyn,

I agree on the issue of 3 reps versus 2.  The issue is what is the next step
in the process.  We can probably go on forever in discussing new versions of
the blueprint.  I think we need to start some work on the detail.

We might need to have two separate lines of engagement on this issue.

(1) Assuming the blueprint stays - the next steps - ie start work on the
refinement

(2) Proposed changes to the blueprint - at a more strategic level

To some degree these steps can occur in parallel.

Regards,
Bruce

.htm) as a
blueprint, and work on the implementation, rather than revisiting
fundamental decisions in the blueprint.  Personally I think the Blueprint
will have no impact on an effective ICANN, unless the implementation is done
properly and with the full support of the ICANN community.  It is our role
to ensure that the implementation is done in such a way that achieves our
broad objectives that we have already agreed on in our submissions to the
Board on the reform process.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin