[council] Names council reply to the Reform Committee
Stuart, Vint, Louis,
please find below the reply of the NC sent today to the Evolution Committee. I would be grateful if you would make this available to the Board.
----- Original Message -----
From: Philip Sheppard
Sent: 19 June 2002 12:01
Subject: Names council reply to the Reform Committee
Please find attached the response of the Names Council of the DNSO to the discussion paper proposed by the ICANN Evolution and Reform Committee of 31 May 2002. This response was adopted by the Names Council on 17 June 2002.
Its baseline principles are a belief in an ICANN with:
- bottom-up policy development
- self-determination for the structure of policy development bodies
- wide private sector participation
- improved liaison with the public sector
- funding primarily by gTLD registrants
- funding adequate to cover staff support for the policy development bodies.
Names Council Chair