From: Alexander Svensson [mailto:alexander@svensson.de]
Sent: Friday, May 24, 2002 10:49 AM
To: DNSO Names Council
Subject: [council] DNSO General Assembly vote on two motions

Dear Names Council members,

the DNSO General Assembly announces the results of its vote
on two motions about ICANN Reform, held between 15 and 22 May 2002,
and hereby presents its results.

    1. Electorate: 586 persons
    2. Number of ballots received: 218, Number of casted votes: 433
    3. Participation: 37.2%
    4. Vote results:

       Numbers:

                 148 I FOR Motion 1 ("Request to US DoC")
                  54 I vote AGAINST Motion 1
                  15 I ABSTAIN regarding Motion 1

                 164 I vote FOR Motion 2 ("Reform principles")
                  33 I vote AGAINST Motion 2
                  19 I ABSTAIN regarding Motion 2

                 433   TOTAL casted votes

       Percentages:

              67.9% : I FOR Motion 1 ("Request to US DoC")
              24.8% : I vote AGAINST Motion 1
               6.9% : I ABSTAIN regarding Motion 1

              75.2% : I vote FOR Motion 2 ("Reform principles")
              15.1% : I vote AGAINST Motion 2
               8.7% : I ABSTAIN regarding Motion 2

     5. Full results at http://www.dnso.org/secretariat/b12.results.html

Sincerely,