[council]

[council] Interim NC recommendations on evolution

Further to yesterday's (May 14) NC call I attach version 10 of the interim NC recommendations on ICANN evolution. Recommendations 1-25 have now been adopted.

In light of the tight timetable in front of us and the fact that we did not cover the last item of yesterday's agenda I have drafted some further items for debate by e-mail and subsequent adoption/amendment by e-mail or at the latest the NC call of May 29. These are based on the questions asked in recent ICANN evaluation committee working papers and in proposals in the constituency positions that have been forwarded to the NC to date.

They are a set of recommendations on who should elect the board and a subsequent set of three non-exhaustive options for how many seats which flow from these recommendations. I have tried to separate out areas of principle from the end game of board seats. I look forward to the debate.

Philip
NC Chair

NC interim response evolution v10.doc