[council]

[council] Comments on policy development recommendations

Thomas, thanks for your comments.
With regard to the role of a general assembly in a future structure you rightly describe the role of the GA as either:
1. Serve as a channel by which individuals and parties not fitting into the constituency scheme can still participate in policy-making.
2. Provide a forum for broad inter-constituency exchange.

You also call for definition of what new constituencies could be possible.  But if that problem is solved then role number 1 of a GA is redundant.

Are not the tasks:
1. Define missing stakeholders and integrate them into the NC
2. Have a GA of all these stakeholders as a "forum for broad inter-constituency exchange".
3. Have in addition a means of public comment and input for any one who feels left out.

The GA has never worked as a "forum for broad inter-constituency exchange" because it tried to be "a channel by which individuals and parties not fitting into the constituency scheme can still participate in policy-making".   If we are clever, we can meet both needs in a more elegant way.

Philip