[council]

RE: [council] NC teleconf agenda - May 2, 2002

I will participate in today's call -- but may not be able to stay on the
call for the entire time.  If so, I pass my proxy, if needed to J. Scott
Evans.

Abriged comments on item one:
1)  Need to define more clearly what is meant by advisory bodies for point
14.  In the "import/export" model the IPC has proposed, then the "advisory
bodies" could also be outside ICANN, and thus it should be clear who
can/will vote for the Board.  I believe that with the proper safeguards
(diversity, expertise, substantive interests, etc.)  the Nominating
Committee could also work; therefore, I think the NC should be prepared for
two alternative models.  I do not think the NC should propose only an
alternative to the Nominating Committee, but should also comment about
safeguards in a Nominating Committee if that's the way it looks like the
reform is going.

2)  Point 15:  I'm concerned that this point does not say much  and may just
invite argument about what are the absolute correct numbers without
advancing the discussion.

3) With regard to point 16 -- an ombudsman for the ombudsman?

Talk to y'all soon.
Ellen

Ellen B. Shankman, Adv.
Partner, Trademark Group
EITAN, PEARL, LATZER & COHEN-ZEDEK
Telephone +972-9-9709026
Fax +972-9-9709001
Email - shankmane@technologylaw.co.il
Please visit our Resource and Research center at:
www.technoLAWgy.com