[council]

RE: [council] Response to case for reform - TOR

Philip/All
Just one brief comment on the proposed TORs.

Under item 2 you have 'merger of ASO/PSO'.
I struggle to understand how Stuart Lynn's proposal does that, particularly
as it appears that 3 out of the 4 current members of the PSO disappear of
the chart!
Whether you agree with that is a separate issue.

Whilst the ASO appears to be absorbed into the Address & Numbering Council
and the IAB appear in the ANPC and the TAC the other parties don't.

I also struggle with the concept that the 3 support organisations 'CHANGE'
to 3 Policy Councils. To my mind they are REPLACED by 3 Policy Councils as
the make up of the constituent parts of these are totally different.

Therefore I would suggest that the points;
- change of 3 Supporting Organisations to 3 Policy Councils
- merger of ASO/PSO
are amended to:
- 'Replacement of ASO, PSO & DNSO with Policy Councils', or alternatively
list each existing SO as a separate item in the ToRs.

Regards
Tony