[council]

Re: [council] e-mail votes v3

Having witnessed the recent to do in the U.S. Congress over federal reform, I have a concern with the following provision:

025601c1c524$a315e460$6501a8c0@aim.be">

Proposed new section 13. E-mail voting v3
DNSO
13.1 The DNSO secretariat will typically act as returning officer for an e-mail vote. All votes using the DNSO secretariat voting software have resource implications. Any vote of the NC or General Assembly (GA) undertaken by the DNSO secretariat must be requested by the Names Council chair. The NC chair will not ordinarily refuse a request for a vote from the chair of the GA for a GA vote, so long as there is no cost implication from overtime or other costs above that expected in the annual DNSO secretariat budget.

I would like to propose that there be somemeansby which a super-majority of the NC (2/3?, 3/4?) may compell a vote.  This prevents too much power from residing with the chair.

Harold Feld
NCDNHC