From: owner-council@dnso.org [mailto:owner-council@dnso.org] On Behalf
Of Milton Mueller
Sent: Saturday, March 02, 2002 12:32 AM
To: council@dnso.org
Cc: faia@amauta.rcp.net.pe; ehchun@icann-ncc.org; hfeld@mediaaccess.org
Subject: [council] New NCDNHC Names Council members

The Noncommercial constituency has elected its new
Names Council representatives. They are:

Eung Hwi CHUN (Korea): ehchun@icann-ncc.org
Harold Feld (USA): hfeld@mediaaccess.org
Erick Iriarte (Peru): faia@amauta.rcp.net.pe

With this message, I bid the Names Council adieu.
I entered the Council determined to fight for the
right policies, but am leaving it with the sense
that it is no small victory simply to produce a
policy.

As ICANN lurches toward some kind of redefinition
of itself, the future of the DNSO itself is in doubt.
Whatever happens on that front, I feel cautiously
optimistic about the future of the Internet, however -
Lynn's reform proposals seem to have shocked the
community into a stark realization of what is at
stake.

I intend to follow through on the commitment to
transition the UDRP working group and also intend
to closely monitor the progress of the .org
divestiture.

Regards to all of you I worked with,

--MM