[council]

RE: [council] NC Chair Election

I sense another subterranean proxy war.....

I am favorably disposed toward this motion but am
consulting with other constituency members.

As a matter of friendly advice to the other constituencies,
if you have someone to run as an alternative to Philip
why not let us know now?

>>> "Chicoine, Caroline G." <CCHICOINE@thompsoncoburn.com> 01/30/02 09:44AM >>>

WHEREAS the current Rules of Procedure for the DNSO (version 4) adopted by
the Names Council on 26 February 2001 (see
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20020117.NCprocedures-v4.0.html), provide:

"1. Names Council Chair
1.1 Election.  The NC Chair will be elected by the members of the NC by
simple majority vote and will hold office for a period of six months. One
renewal, subject to a fresh vote, of six months will be allowed. A retiring
Chair will not be eligible for re-election for a period of one year."

WHEREAS, under these rules, the current NC Chair, Philip Shepard, is
ineligible to run for re-election to the NC Chair;

NOW, THEREFORE, the NC moves as follows:

Solely for the purposes of the NC Chair election taking place on February
14, 2002, the NC moves to waive the provision of Section 1.1 of the Rules of
Procedure for the DNSO which prohibits a retiring NC Chair from running for
re-election for a period of one year.