[council]

RE: [council] Reminder - Business plan revision - for Thursday 17 Jan NC

I thought I would give my comments in advance to save time on the call.
First, I would of course like to thank Philip for reminding us that we have
a Business plan and that it needed updating.  In general, I thought some
objectives were perhaps a bit too vague.  Specifically,

1.UDRP
The Task Force will be reviewing and evaluating through 2Q 2002, but the
implementation
phase is not expected to start until at least 3Q 2002.  For illustrative
purposes only, if the Task Force sees a huge demand for an internal appeal
process (and I am not saying there either is or is not such a demand) the
actual details of the process will need to be worked out (i.e., the
implementation phase).  The implementation phase will of course use any
input we get from the questionnaire in formulating the process.

With respect to WIPO-2 and the fact that it did not recommend going
immediately forward on any of the proposed expansion areas, I think our
objective should be to assign an NC member to keep track of WIPO's progress
and report to NC accordingly.  While I will not be on the NC after Feb's
call, I imagine an IPC rep would be more than happy to monitor.

2. TLDs
I believe part (a) will take most of 2002 and believe (b) should be slated
for 2003.

3.WhoIS
Can we provide more concrete deadlines and deliverables?

4.Transfers
Again, can we provide more concrete deadlines and deliverables?

Just my two cents.