[council]

RE: [council] Re: Names Council Structure Task Force

Philip-

Thanks for the explanation.  I do not recall taking such a vote, but
assuming that we did, it would have constituted two changes to our normal
procedures:  (1) TF's elect their own chairs from among their members; and
(2) While there was a time when it seemed common that TF's would have
multiple representatives from a Constituency (as long as only one voted),
the Council, its Chair, and some TF Chairs seem to have been punctilious
lately in insisting that TF's have only one representative from each
Constituency; no matter that that Constituency retains only one vote.

So, do you recall when we discussed the motion that you describe, whether we
discussed the precedential effect of our waiving our rules for your
Chairmanship of this TF separate from the BC's participating in it?

Roger

Roger J. Cochetti
Senior Vice-President & Chief Policy Officer
VeriSign
(202) 973-6600
rcochetti@verisign.com