[council]

RE: [council] TF Transfers

I would think that having Joanna Lane as the GA representative would appear
to be a good approach.  I have read Joanna's lenthy memo regarding
representing "registrants".  Of course, the GA will want a  representative
who can represent the GA broadly. But, I am not sure why providing the GA
representation role should preclude Joanna representing, as part of that, a
concern to ensure that individual "registrants" needs/views/perspectives,
etc. are reflected, along with other stakeholder views.

I would suggest that the TF will of course discuss input/persperspectives
for various stakeholders; including, but not limited to individual
registrants.  Joanna's participation, along with participation from other TF
members,  can be helpful to ensure that the TF considers how to understand
the views of the full range of stakeholders, including individual
registrants.

I understand Joanna's concern that she may be spread "very thin" in taking
on GA representation,  but actually, everyone on the TF does have a broad
responsibility of diverse representation to their constituency.   I see a
lot of variance in several of the constituencies on the transfers issue.

I hope that the GA and hopefully, Joanna, will agree that she can be the GA
rep.