[council]

[council] UDRP Questionnaire

I intend to express these concerns at the
Names Council meeting today, but for online
participants I will do it here, also.

1. We need to do a much better job of publicizing
the availability of this questionnaire. It is
a call for public comment but the public
has no idea it exists, and circulation among
the small coterie of dnso mailing lists will
not do the trick.

The NC or ICANN should issue a news release
that solicits public comment and makes the
URL for it well known. There are a number of
reporters who follow ICANN closely who will
pick this up. It should also be highlighted
on ICANN's home page.

2. Flaw in survey form
On question 13, we ask "who should be
responsible for the selection of the provider."
The response should be a check box but
instead is a ranking from 1 - 5. I found this
so confusing that I was unable to answer
the question at all. I suspect many others will
too. But Q 13 is a crucial question.

In general, our members report finding the
survey format difficult to understand and use.