[council]

[council] FYI Afillias DNS problems.

NC members:

I have received reports, and I can confirm with my own experience, that
afilias whois for .info shows one set of information, and their zone
files show another.

I registered usvi.info  with a registrar. The name servers, on
registration, were set to the registrar's name servers. Once the .info
went live, the registrar used the registrar's admin interface to afilias
to set the nameservers in usvi.info to my own name servers.

The change appears in the afilias whois, but as of one week, it still is
not in their nameservers.

I have copied this message to the registrar.

Peter de Blanc

A message from the CTO of the registrar:

The name servers authoritative for .INFO are TLD1.NOMINUM.COM and
TLD2.NOMINUM.COM (not Afilias' own name servers), and these are still
delegating to our public name servers.  As Jim noted in his message,
this is an open issue with Afilias as to why changes made in their
administrative system are not being propagated out to their zone files.