From: "Michael D. Palage" <michael@palage.com>
Subject: Request to the Registrars for update on Transfer

Hello All:

Attached please find the document which all ICANN accredited registrars (not
just those within the constituency) are currently voting on. In my
discussion with ICANN, it is our understanding that this document does not
seek to create new policy, but instead resolve ambiguities in the current
contractual agreements. This latest document has been widely discussed on
the GA list, as the registrar constituency has sought to keep this
clarification process open and transparent. As you are also aware, the
registrar mailing list is also open for all to see, unlike some other
constituencies. As you see from the enclosed document, the registrars just
seek to clarify the original autoACK policy that was the default standard
operating procedure. I believe that you will find the information available
on the ICANN web site informative on this topic should you have any
unanswered questions:
http://www.icann.org/montevideo/registration-transfer-topic.htm

The Registrars Constituency will also be undertaking a series of other
initiatives in the near future to build on the failed best practices
document /code of conduct of last year. These initiative may require policy
creation and implementation, and if such the DNSO would be properly
notified. However, these additional initiatives will not be undertaken until
the constituency first addresses the escrow issue which is directly related
to the pressing security and stability concerns that will be addressed next
month. ICANN Staff should be providing the Registrar Constituency with an
escrow document within the nest couple of days, and the registrar
constituency will work toward implementation steps prior to Marina del Ray
next month.

If I may offer the following commentary. I believe that certain problems
that confront registrars such as the transfers and deletes issues can easily
be resolved through existing contractual interpretation. However, some how
rather simple contractual interpretation has been bastardized into policy
quagmires to advance the interest of a select few, at the detriment of the
greater whole.

Your comments as always are welcomed.

Best regards,

Michael D. Palage