[council]

Re: [council] Item 2 NC agenda

Elisabeth,
thanks for your comments on the proposed GAC response. I agree with you that
at the heart of GAC's concern is WHO gets the names.

I was trying to address the short-term view that country.info is somehow
different to:
1. THE  PAST - country.com, country.net, country.org, country.gov, country
(within ccTLDs);
2. THE FUTURE - country.food, country.travel, country.cityinfo,
country.tourism, country.biztravel, country.wines, country.politics,
country.economics,  country.xxx, country.yyy, country.zzz.

I have no problem in there being one or more government owned sites for each
country but why insist, in September 2001 that of all the possibilities, it
must be country.info.

Philip