[council]

RE: [council] Individuals' Constituency -- The way forward

OK, I see, you are referring to the ALSC structure.
Yes, I believe (am not sure) that under that structure
At-large councils do have policy development functions.

But that is just a proposal, and has no official status
and perhaps not even widespread support.

From my point of view, it would be better to rectify a
longstanding mistake (exclusion of individuals) as
rapidly as possible, and then alter the structure AFTER
a new @large system is in place. (Which, of course,
may never happen!).

>>> "Antonio Harris" <harris@cabase.org.ar> 10/04/01 11:22AM >>>
Milton,

Thank you for clarifying this. As I understand things,
what you say is true today, but as I recall from the
At Large Study Committee recommendations, a
structure of regional councils plus a "top" council
is envisioned in the proposed SO. If they are not
to be a policy formulation body, then what will their
function be ?

Perhaps, before committing to an IDHN constituency,
it might be prudent to see what comes of this
initiative, which, of course would modify the
existing bylaws and articles as they stand today.

(Just a thought, not a motion )

Tony Harris