[council]

[council] NC agenda and Recall of GA Chair

Joanna,

I would not read too much into the appearance of agenda item 8 about the
recall of the GA chair. I do not expect a vote to be taken on this item. All
that has happened is that a member of the GA felt strongly enough to request
a recall and it seemed inappropriate to ignore this.

And please do not get too entangled in NC rules and procedures. We have
written some guidelines to help ensure that advance notice is given on
complex issues so that constituencies can debate them and give guidance to
their reps before an NC meeting. Some times these time limits are met, some
times not - they are guidelines not statutes, designed to help us not bind
us.

Philip