From: owner-council@dnso.org [mailto:owner-council@dnso.org] On Behalf
Of DannyYounger@cs.com
Sent: Monday, October 01, 2001 10:32 PM
To: council@dnso.org
Subject: [council] Re: NC Structure TF

Dear Peter,

Thank you for your reply.  As much as I would like to proceed along the
lines
of your recommendation, our Bylaws state:

The NC is responsible for the management of the consensus building
process of
the DNSO. It shall adopt such procedures and policies as it sees fit to
carry
out that responsibility, including the designation of such research or
drafting committees, working groups and other bodies of the GA as it
determines are appropriate to carry out the substantive work of the
DNSO.

As the Assembly is not imbued with this authority, we must rely upon the
good
will of the Council.