[council]

[council] Re: [ga] A message from Stuart Lynn regarding the next ICANN meeting

Philip Sheppard wrote, quoting Stuart Lynn:

>Some of you  have enquired whether the ICANN Marina del Rey meeting
>will go forward as scheduled in November in the light of last week's
>tragic events in New York and Washington.

I have often complained about the excessive US-centrism of ICANN, therefore
I hope that my statement will not been suspected of partisanship.

I believe that to cancel the ICANN meeting or to move it outside of the
United States will be an insult to the memory of the thousands that are
still buried under the ruins of the Twin Towers.
The ICANN meeting can and should give its contribution to defeat the
terrorism by showing that the international Internet community is active,
alive and well, is close to its members that are suffering more in this
particular moment, and reaffirms the willingness to follow the path of peace
and progress and not the path of war and fear.

Best regards
Roberto