[council]

[council] A message from Stuart Lynn regarding the next ICANN meeting

To the ICANN community:

Some of you  have enquired whether the ICANN Marina del Rey meeting
will go forward as scheduled in November in the light of last week's
tragic events in New York and Washington.

As of now the meeting will be held as scheduled in Marina del Rey.
This might well change if international events nearer the time unfold
in such a way as to make it extremely difficult or impossible to
attend. Regardless, we also want to be sensitive to the wishes of the
ICANN community, particularly those who would have to travel far to
reach Los Angeles.

Although last week's events are still devastatingly fresh in all our
minds, we would  appreciate it if you would share your current
thinking as to whether your plans to travel to Marina del Rey  are
likely to change--  or any other advice you may have regarding the
November meeting. Again, we would particularly appreciate hearing
from those of you who would have to travel from afar.

For planning purposes, we will make a final decision by Wednesday,
September 26, so your early response would be greatly appreciated.

Please send any comments to
meeting@icann.org.
____________________

Stuart Lynn