From: owner-council@dnso.org [mailto:owner-council@dnso.org] On Behalf
Of Paul M. Kane
Sent: Wednesday, August 22, 2001 5:06 AM
To: Peter de Blanc
Cc: 'Milton Mueller'; council@dnso.org; amsiat@bow.intnet.bj;
yjpark@myepark.com; vandrome@renater.fr; mueller@syracuse.edu;
ceo@vany.org
Subject: Re: [council] NCDNHC and DNSO dues

Morning Peter

As a recent overview you are correct ... but it should also be
remembered when Danny Vandrome was on the NC (and pre Budget Committee
days) looking into the issue of dues Danny requested the NCDNHC be
allowed a dispensation due to the composition of the constituency. At
the time he suggested a 50% discount, but due to timing other
Constituencies had already committed to the proposed budget and failure
for any Constituency to pay their proportion would have represented a
short fall in overall income. As it happened a number of  constituencies
were delinquent so there was a significant shortfall in the annual
revenue.

I understand ICANN has now, (at the request of the NCDNHC NC reps)
introduced a credit card payment system to assist the NCDNHC collect
it's dues.

Best

Paul