[council]

[council] Giving each candidate a fair and equal chance...

As Philip may be having personal email difficulties, I am posting this to the
Council list:

Philip,
I am aware that the Council did not authorize funding yesterday.  That does
not mean that it cannot or should not be done.  We have an opportunity to
provide every candidate with an equal opportunity to be heard in person
(which was the primary concern of the ccTLD constituency).  Your own budget
committee has the authority to dispurse such funds on a needs basis, as do
you.  Authorizing this expenditure would be in the best interest of the DNSO
and the Corporation.  I am sure that you understand that there are
individuals in this world with limited means that nonetheless seek to
participate in the ICANN process.  Providing such individuals with a grant to
cover travel expenses is not beyond the realm of possibility.  It simply
requires the will to "do the right thing".  Can we count on you to give each
candidate a fair and equal chance to make an in-person presentation to the
Council?  You have the funding (travel fund and contingency fund).  Use it.