[council]

[council] RE: [ga-abuse] Request for Footer on GA-ABUSE Mailing List

Dear all co-hostages of this saga,

For the record, there has been no discussion whatsoever on ga-abuse so far
on whether there should be a footer or not.
Patrick is the only one so far to have made this request, and I would
consider unwise to make the change at this point in time, just to find out
that the other people are against.

For the request to add a cross-posting filter [ga-abuse] / [ga], from my
past experience as GA Chair I would not recommend such implementation, as I
explained in a prior post, until the Chair has not taken a position or the
subject has been debated on the list.

I agree with Patrick that the DNSO Secretariat should provide services to
the GA, and not only to NC, but I strongly disagree on a situation in which
the DNSO Secreatariat takes order from the alt-Chair, in particular in
absence of a position expressed by the Chair and/or in a situation where it
is not unlikely that the action taken has to be undone due to cryout of the
GA shortly after.

Why should DNSO Secretariat be forced to perform an action that will appear
as unilateral, and that will be regretted later?
IMHO DNSO Secretariat:
- *should not* take action on the [ga-abuse] footer unless consensus is
established on [ga-abuse] or at least directive from the Chair in the public
list (I mean [ga]);
- *should not* take action on cross-posting filter [ga-abuse] / [ga] unless
consensus is established on [ga] or at least directive from the Chair is
posted to [ga].

Regards
Roberto