[council]

[council] GA abuse

Danny and Patrick,
Patrick has asked me to intervene in a request (originally made by Patrick)
to the DNSO secretariat to set up an automated stop to cross posting to the
GA abuse list. The reason for this is that you are obliged to act upon input
to this list and it is tedious to look at mail that should not be on the GA
abuse list. I entirely sympathise.

The DNSO secretariat has rightly declined to date to act upon this request
because it is in effect a POLICY issue. We would be adding a filter to the
GA abuse list.

The DNSO Secretariat can introduce a stop to cross posting but first you
need to seek agreement within the GA and get a mandate to do so.

Philip
NC Chair