[council]

[council] WHOIS Committee Outreach to other ICANN SO's

Fellow Council members

The NC WHOIS Committee is inviting the input of the ASO and PSO and to
that end during my report today I will be proposing a resolution seeking
your permission to invite their input.

The draft reads:

The Whois Committee of the ICANN Names Council is coordinating a
consultation process concerning Whois services presently provided in
connection with the domain-name registration system.  The current
consultation process is due to conclude on the 31st July 2001 and more
information may be found at
http://www.icann.org/dnso/whois-survey-en-10jun01.htm

Resolution:

The Names Council notes that its consultation process raises issues that
may be relevant to the policy areas concerning which the Address and
Protocol Supporting Organizations are  primarily responsible and that
coordination among the supporting organizations may be beneficial.  The
Names Council would welcome collaboration with the Address and Protocol
Supporting Organizations and invites the Address Council and the
Protocol Council to contribute to the assessment of the Whois system and
the development of policy recommendations in such a manner as they deem
appropriate.

Best regards

Paul
WHOIS Committee Chair