From: owner-council@dnso.org [mailto:owner-council@dnso.org]On Behalf Of
Milton Mueller
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 11:31 AM
To: philip.sheppard@aim.be; council@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [council] Alternate Root paper by Grant

>>> "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@aim.be> 05/23/01 09:00 AM >>>
Peter,
I think Elisabeth has simply referenced Grant's original document. This was
a possible starting point for the work the group is now doing.

====
There is a lot more to be read into it. Such as
following agreed-upon NAmes Council decisions.

A committee was formed to do a briefing on the
technical aspects of "alternative roots."

Please modify the agenda item's label to:
"Report of the committee for briefing the Names Council on alternate roots."

If this change is not made, I will object to the agenda at the outset of the
meeting.

--MM

Here are the relevant notes from the meeting:

* need for a technical briefing [on alternate roots]
* need to distinguish between alternate roots and alternate names,
* need to make known that this issue is on the DNSO agenda.