[council]

Re: [council] MY "ALTERNATE ROOT" EXPERIENCE

Ken:

I'm sure that everyone on both of the lists you sent this message to understands that as proprietor of the .info and operator of .museum tlds you are a direct business competitor of New.net.

I hope that list traffic on an official policy making forum will not be consumed with business competitors' attempts to disparage the products of other service providers. (I used to hear NSI people say the same things about CORE. The did it privately, tho!)

You voluntarily clicked on a browser plug-in to load software. That's something that happens on thousands of web sites. Strange and unexpected results sometimes occur, even with the most reputable of products and manufacturers (I had genuinely awful experiences with my attempt to download the latest Netscape a few months ago, e.g.).

If the product is as bad as you say, surely New.net offers no serious competitive threat to your new domains, wouldn't you agree?

Do you think consumers should decide for themselves, or are you suggesting that we should decide for them? If the former, I would suggest sending your claims to more appropriate fora, such as Consumers Reports Magazine, etc.

>>> Digitel - Ken Stubbs <kstubbs@digitel.net> 05/02/01 11:52 AM >>>
today i had a very unnerving experience  with an alternate root entity which i want to share with you .......

i was curious about this "new.net" phenomena and went to the www.new.net site and at the top of the main page there was a link which said to "click here" to be able to allow my browser to see the new.net tlds.. i clicked there and, unbeknown to me, a program was installed in my computer which created absolute havoc for my entire computer system.