[council]

[council] RE: [nc-budget] Motion: Alternative Solutions tolower the expenses of DNSO

Chuck and others:

This is something I have to make clear. The current crop of NCDNHC Adcom members was elected on the promise to do something about raising money. I personally ran on a platform of compulsory membership fees. My first action upon election was to get an organization to agree to retire the 1999 debt. This all occurred months BEFORE any of us were aware of the NC budget committee report.

In short, your impression that fundraising activity by NCDNHC is a product of your ultimata and threats is completely wrong. Quite the contrary. Time that could have been spent on this problem has been spent dealing with the issue of linking voting rights to dues.

And in fact, since you are obviously unware of what has been going on in our constituency I'd appreciate a swift retraction of your false statement.

--MM

>>> "Gomes, Chuck" <cgomes@verisign.com> 04/23/01 09:25AM >>>
With no consequences, little or no
action was taken by the NCDNC.  With the pending possibility of
consequences, there appears to be some activity on the part of the NCDNC.