[council]

Re: [council] Collisions in Namespace

That's fine. I was concerned with b) "Analysis of the issue and its impact on consumers and registries," which sounded like a report with too many opportunities for pre-judgment, but with your clarification of the three-step process I'll wait and see how it goes.  --MM

>>> "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@aim.be> 04/17/01 03:56AM >>>
Milton et al,

I thought what I asked Danny to do was rather clear. It is certainly NOT a
report.

"description of the exact issue providing:
a) background with names of the organisations concerned.
b) an analysis of the issue arising as they may effect i) net
users/consumers and ii) registries/ root owners.
I will then table this for NC discussion in the first instance."

The process:
Step 1. First a description of the issue
Step 2. then a NC discussion on the description/issue
Step 3. then a NC decision on the best way to deal with the issue.

By all means Milton work with Danny to produce a tight, elegant, insightful,
unbiased description of the issue for presentation to the NC.

But lets not jump to one option for step3 today.
Philip