[council]

Re: [council] Revised draft NC position on verisign

A comment about point C 3) in version 2 of the proposed document.

Speaking now as a policy analyst and not necessarily as representative of NCDNHC, it is unclear to me why Verisign would accept Option B if it is still required to sell its registry. In proposing modifications of Option B, we need to be realistic about what will prove acceptable.

Therefore, I favor the modified language ("enforceable safeguards with sanction of divestment.")

--MM

>>> "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@aim.be> 03/27/01 10:05AM >>>
Following some feedback please find attached v2 of a draft NC position on Verisign.
Changes from v1 are highlighted using the Word tracking function. We will use v2 as the base document for discussion tomorrow March 28.

Philip Sheppard