[council]

[council] Any (other) AoB issues for Melbourne???

Morning all,

A w/end is a "month" in internet time ;-) ..... In checking my email before
departing for Singapore I see two/three very important substantive issues before
us that should be addressed at the Melbourne, in addition to the Business
Plan....
i) The bigger picture of the  NSI/Verisign agreement modification (.ORG is just
one elment)
http://www.icann.org/melbourne/proposed-verisign-agreements-topic.htm see "D" -
a significant change in direction IMHO
ii) http://www.icann.org/melbourne/new-tld-agreements-topic.htm - New registry
contracts....
[and possibly - I have five emails on this topic this morning but am unable to
judge the level of support
iii) http://www.wired.com/news/print/0,1294,42146,00.html - I hear there is
support from ISPs for this proposal ... do we need to try and encourage ISPs to
support the ICANN process, if so how??]

If there are any other AoB items emmerging can we indicate them now on the list
so Philip may consider the time management aspects and help avoid "surprises".

See you soon

</Paul>
out of email contact until Thursday.