[council]

Re: [council] Reasonable Opportunity for Comment

Joe:
My comments addressed substantive issues in objective terms. Try to respond in kind.

Specifically, you can do three things:

1. Tell us: If the NC puts this item on its agenda for April 10, will you take decisive action before that, to pre-empt its consideration? If the Names Council votes against the proposed contract in its April 10 meeting, will you ignore that decision and claim that what you do is a "consensus policy?"

2. Point me to previous "consensus processes" that ratified:
  a) integration of the registry and registrar      functions in COM
  b) 15% annual increases in registry fees payable to      ICANN
  c) Presumptive renewal for COM

3. I'd also appreciate a more precise definition of the difference between a policy decision and a "contract term." Since all ICANN policies must be implemented through contracts, understanding this distinction has rather significant implications for the future.

>>> "Joe Sims" <jsims@JonesDay.com> 03/02/01 04:10PM >>>

As has been obvious for some time, Milton, you are easily appalled, but it would be useful if you would read before you write.