[council]

Re: [council] GA Chair election procedure

> My understanding was that the GA would elect their nominees for Chair and
> Alternate Chair (assuming more than 2 candidates).  However, it is not at
> all clear to me that the GA is able to conduct a fair and open election
> process at this stage.

Correct me if I'm wrong, GA _will_ nominate and endorse candidates.
Are you talking about this process (nomination and endorsement)?
In this case I don't see any problem. We shouldn't abuse of paternalism with the GA.

Or are you suggesting the GA conduct their own election (the final vote process)?

Oscar