From: owner-council@dnso.org [mailto:owner-council@dnso.org]On Behalf Of Paul M. Kane
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 5:23 AM
To: Peter de Blanc; 'NC (public)'
Subject: Re: [council] Communication on WG review - ACTION PLEASE!

I agree with the report

Paul

Peter de Blanc wrote:

I agree with the report.Peter de Blanc
-----Original Message-----
From: owner-council@dnso.org [mailto:owner-council@dnso.org]On Behalf Of Philip Sheppard
Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 6:11 AM
To: NC (public)

NC members,As agreed last night this is the message I propose to send on behalf of the NC to WG review. This is consistent with NC decision D2 of 8 February 2001. (I note since the NC meeting YJ Park has posted a personal commentary and an older version of this to the WG review anyway. This is regrettable, it makes for poor communication to the working group. It also seems to be contrary to the spirit of collegiate agreement we seek to achieve within the NC.) So please let me have comments on this message within 24 hours. I would like to send this to WG review at 10.00 am Paris time Wednesday 28 February.Philip.-----------------------------------------------IMPORTANT MESSAGE FOR WORKING GROUP REVIEW
Future timetable for the groups input

Status
1. The DNSO comment period on the draft DNSO Review Report v. 2.0a ended
February 11th.

Next steps
2. Comments submitted from WG Review and others has been incorporated as
appropriate by the chair of the Names Council Review Task Force (NCRTF) into
a draft version 3.  NCRTF comprises one representative from each of the
seven NC constituencies. Version 3 has been validated by remaining members
of the NCRTF.

3. DNSO Review Report version 3 was received 18 February by the ICANN Board. This is in preparation for the Board's meeting in March in Melbourne and to allow full time for an ICANN public comment period.

4. As was mandated, the task of the Names Council Review Task Force,
including a DNSO public comment period, is now complete.

5. In order to ensure coherent input to the ICANN Board, all further
comments from WG Review should be directed to the ICANN public comment
website, when the ICANN public comment period begins.

6. At the closure of the ICANN public comment period the task of WG Review
will be complete.

Implementation
7. The Names Council will be reviewing both the input from the final WG D
report and from the Review process to develop a new process to implement the
recommendations of the Review process. Full participation in this
implementation phase is envisaged. It is understood that the structure of
participation will be an improvement on the present structure of DNSO
working groups!

Kind regards,

Theresa Swinehart, Chair, DNSO Review Task Force
Philip Sheppard, NC Chair