[council]

[council] FW: details of IIA event

All,

This meeting occurring in Sydney before the ICANN meeting, may be of
interest.

Theresa

-
Hi Theresa

As promised, information about the IIA's international policy summit can
be found at http://www.iia.net.au/summit.html. You will note a fairly
good mix of contemporary issues, and I hope at least some will be of
substantial interest and a value-add to those of your colleagues coming
to Australia for ICANN. Being in Sydney (an easy, one-hour flight from
Melbourne) should prove enticing in itself - and the exchange rate will
ensure that it is a very cost effective enhancement. Travel arrangements
would be better made with Sydney as the point of entry - you can get a
very good rate on the internal flight down to Melbourne if you add it to
the international ticket at the time of purchase.  The link I have
referred to also has info. on hotels for which we have negotiated
discounts for attendees.

Please feel free to circulate this email to your associates. Provided we
have enough notice, we may also be able to assist in setting up meetings
with relevant Australian companies who are members of the IIA. Let me
know if you need more.

kind regards

Peter
--
Executive Director
Internet Industry Association (IIA)

Phone: +61 2 6232 6900
Fax: +61 2 6232 6513
http://www.iia.net.au

The Internet Industry Association is Australia's national Internet
industry organisation. Members include telecommunications carriers;
content creators and publishers; web developers; e-commerce traders and
solutions providers; hardware vendors; systems integrators; banks,
insurance underwriters; Internet law firms, ISPs; educational and
training institutions; Internet research analysts; and a range of other
businesses providing professional and technical support services. On
behalf of its members, the IIA provides policy input to government and
advocacy on a range of business and regulatory issues, to promote laws
and initiatives which enhance access, equity, reliability and growth of
the medium within Australia.
---