[council]

[council] Independent Review NomCom Appointments - REQUEST FOR ACTION

Council,
you will recall that we agreed to appoint Scott Hemphill (US) and Olivier Iteanu (France) to the nomination committee for the independent review panel. Apparently to ensure continuity the committee has initial terms of office of different length and we must appoint a three year and a two year term. Scott Hemphill has indicated he is willing to serve three years and I propose that we appoint him to the three year term and Olivier Iteanu to the two year term.

Please let me have your approval or comments on this latest midnight in your time zone Monday 5 February 2001.

If there is no disagreement I will inform ICANN of this decision. If there is disagreement we will discuss it at a February telephone meeting but I would prefer to not return to this item if possible.

Philip.