[council]

[council] Review WG-D's status report in Feb. 8 meeting.

Hello Erica, Bret and all,

Can I make several suggestions responding to your concerns?

We also noted Caroline's suggestion to let WG-D come up with its
final report to facilitate WG model in the DNSO. I do agree.
We need some format to let WG function as it has been designed.

Erica, your example from Australia might be helpful for NC to look into.
Can you distribute the relevant documents for NC to consider its future
step?

Bret and Therea, is it going to be possible for you to make a
presentation on WG-D status? As we all know this WG has been
working since 1999 June and it's more than enough for this group
to come up with its report.

Philip, can you confirm this topic as NC chair and Intake Committee
chair? BTW, from now on the chair of intake committee will be Paul
by his volunteer, if  my memory is coerrect.

Thanks,
YJ

> I entirely agree.  I dropped of the wg-review list for precisely the
reasons
> canvassed below.
> However, I think this has been a very useful exercise - just because it
has
> brought into clear focus the need for structure and method.  In my
> experience, it is very difficult for wg to achieve good results without
> support from a professional secretariat experienced in project management
> and policy analysis.  In this, I think we have much to learn from the
> processes developed for Standards Associations.
> I'm not sure what happens in other countries, but in Australia, the
> Australian Standards Association relies heavily on working groups.
However,