[council]

[council] Re: Working Group report

Hello Theresa,

> I hope that you had a good holiday, and that all is well.

Thank you for your consideration and hope you had a good one, too.
As I told you in my earlier message, I was supposed to have my long-
waiting holidays from Dec. 21 until Jan 7 which has made me neither
work on review working group properly nor have true-sense holidays.

> This note is just to remind you in your capacity as the Chair of the
Review
> Working Group that the report is due on January 15th. The Working Group
> report should address the issues under the Working Groups mandate as
> contained in the announcement of the working group December 21, 2000. The
> report should also include any relevant documentation to support it's
> conclusions. As The Task Force will of course also look at the Working
Group
> archives, but the report submitted should include all relevant material.

The approval to join review working group requests have been made up to
around 300 and 100 or so out of them unsubscribed to the list due to
overwhleming traffic.

Taking advantage of this, I want to show my sincere respects to those
who have participated in this process despite their holidays.

The Review Task Force's questionaire was circulated in the form of 10
subtitles on Dec 27 and three new subjects were added to this by members.

Currently, the discussion has focused on specifically structure -
constituencies
along with funding issues and fundamental question about decision-making
process
- consensus or majority votes ....

> The final DNSO Review report submitted to ICANN will, of course, include
all
> relevant documentation  as a package accompanying the Report. I have
> attached the reminder note on schedule as well, for your convenience.

Theresa, can I suggest review working group submit its progress review
report
to the Names Council especially regarding "constituencies" on January 15th
since
this is the issue which seems to have its substantial responses from the
members.

> Thank you for all your hard work as Chair of the Review Working Group.

Thank you for your cooperation as chair of Review TF regarding this process,
I once again ask you and Names Council to reconsider extending its working
days which can make members come up with true-sense report abiding by
the procedural rules.

Thank you and regards,
YJ