[council]

[council] Input for the NC agenda

Fellow NC members:

I have been innundated by e-mails and telephone requests from the media
asking about our (ICANN) "official response" to the Fromkin report, as
presented in the Duke University Law Review. That report raises the question
of the legality of ICANN vis a vis US law and policy.

I would suggest that we (the NC) petition the Board to direct the ICANN
staff to prepare an "Official statement" on the subject, so that, when and
if asked, we can all "sing to the same music".

Peter de Blanc