[council]

RE: [council] clarification of yesterdeays action regarding motionmade by Caroline (fwd)

  • To: <council@dnso.org>
  • Subject: RE: [council] clarification of yesterdeays action regarding motionmade by Caroline (fwd)
  • From: "Peter de Blanc" <pdeblanc@usvi.net>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 21:04:12 -0800
  • Sender: owner-council@dnso.org

(previous comments snipped)

Fellow council members.

If nothing else, this issue points out the need to have our own recording
secretary, and i'd suggest a court stenographer as well as a good audio
tape.

There is a general feeling among many individual members of the supporting
organizations that the dnso review is somewhat less than satisfying.

Whether it is because of lack of widespread comment, lack of interest, or
whatever, is beside the point.

I believe the point is to somehow take the review and develop it into
something which has a widespread participation, so that the results have
credibility once and for all.

No as to the YJ group- I feel we should let caroline and yj indicate what
they felt was the substantive content of the motion, and the mandate of the
WG.

Finally, we should endeavor to get at whatever audio recordings may exist.

Let us not find ourselves in a position of "moulding" the mandate outside of
its original intent.

peter de Blanc