[council]

Fw: draft - comment Re: [council] NCtelecon 21 September 2000, minutes

fellow members

 first of all ... let me say that my memory and recollections are EXACTLY in
 line with Philips.

 secondly... let me express my concern that an impression may be forming in
 my mind that the minutes (as originally presented) and comments attributed
appear
 to lack the "independent perspective" i would expect to see from someone
who
 has taken that task on.

 it is essential that the preceedings of this council be recorded exactly as
 they occur and in the order in which they occur. their can be no room for
 independent perspectives or interpretations here and, frankly,i feel,  that
is what
 has occured recently. to that end it has become quite clear that it would
be
 a good idea to "tape" all the future names council sessions for reference.

 i am proposing  that, from now on,  all  names council meetings be taped
and will
 personally arrange to do so for the next teleconference until a methodology
can be finalized.l
 we have to  provide a procedure to insure that this kind of situation with
all of its
 attendant frustration does not occur again..

 i hope you all feel as i do on this matter

 best wishes

 ken