[council]

Re: [council] upcoming teleconference thursday september 21

On Sat, 16 Sep 2000, Digitel - Ken Stubbs wrote:

> after watching the opening ceremonies of the games in sydney, let me say
>
> G'DAY FELLOW MEMBERS.....
>
> as you are all aware, we have a scheduled teleconference set up for
> september 21st .
>
> i have had very little input from the names council members regarding
> prospective agenda items and considering the fact that we have just
> come off summer holidays and their usual distractions. i will pose a
> question to all of you..
>
> would it not be more effective to re-schedule the 21st teleconference
> to the 28th  at 08:30 usa eastern time (this time provides for somewhat
> practical hours for all attendees) ?
-
I will not be available that day for a teleconf.
-

> this would give us an opportunity to review the reports of the budget
> committee and , hopefully a rough draft of proposed DNSO review
> committee methodology. it would also give us more time for reflection
> and the opportunity to provide more constructive suggestions to the
> members of that committee as well.
>
> we also have the task of looking more closely at how to more
> effectively involve the individual internet users in the policy
> formation process. their have been suggestions that a working group be
> formed in this area but, frankly, to this point , i have heard very
> little from the other council members, (beside YJ), on exactly how to
> deal with this process more effectively.
>
> it is primarily for these reasons that i am suggesting that we put off
> the teleconference for 1 week and re-schedule the conference to
> september 28th.
>
> i really need your input on this request and will assume that if i do
> not hear any significant "human cry" against this suggestion that you
> are comfortable with same.
_
I agree that one more week preparation may help and improve the teleconf
efficiency, except that I will not be able to make it.
It would be important to stay with the planned dates, because I suppose I
am not the only one with a pretty loaded schedule, and moving dates will
not help to participate. In fact, it may well prevent to do so.
-

> here are some thoughts for agenda items for the proposed teleconference:
>
> 1. current financial status
> 2. plans for november icann meeting (rooms, webcast, finances etc)
> 3. budget committee report
> 4. intake committee report
> 5. discussion on DNSO review methodology
> 6. potential future individual constituancy involvment

-
That makes already a lot of discussions for a single teleconf
-
> i have had no other suggestions for agenda items from anyone.. any
> thoughts here ?
>
> please get back to me in the next day or two (i assume most of you
> review your mail over the weekends)
>
> thanks and looking for your input
>
> best wishes
>
> ken

Dany VANDROMME                    |  Directeur du GIP RENATER

                Reseau National de Telecommunications
         pour la Technologie, l'Enseignement et la Recherche

                                  |  ENSAM
Tel   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 30     |  151 Boulevard de l'Hopital
Fax   :  +33 (0)1 53 94 20 31     |  75013 Paris
E-mail: Dany.Vandromme@renater.fr |  FRANCE