From: Ken Stubbs [mailto:kstubbs@corenic.org]
Sent: Wednesday, September 13, 2000 4:44 AM
To: Elisabeth PORTENEUVE; names council
Cc: Paul Kane; Erica Roberts; roger cochetti; caroline chicone
Subject: unable to make meeting & proxy

i am not able to attend the names council meeting for voting on the 14th. the gasoline problem in the uk has made this week quite difficult and i had to change my flight to thursday as i was unable to get back in time to make today's flight (no petrol as most stations are out of gas like we were in the mid 70's in the USA)

roger or caroline... would you please take over in my absence. i am giving my proxy to vote in the first round to paul kane and would publicly like to cast my first round vote for jonathan cohen (should the e-mail votebot not be totally operable ). i have been trying for the last 1 1/2 days to reach elisabeth but there is a centre meeting in amsterdam and so for it has been to no avail.

i will be on the call on friday

thanks for your patience and blame this one on the OPEC

ken