Sent: Friday, July 21, 2000 4:54 PM
Subject: [council] ICANN Membership

Andrew,

I must draw ICANNs attention to an unforeseen situation:

Many people in Latin America have contacted me to say they have been
unable to register as an ICANN at large member. When they click in to
the registration form, invariably they receive a message which reads -
"We are sorry. The database is currently overloaded, please try again when the
  system is less busy".
I just tried to sign up myself and received this same message.

Question: When will the system be less busy ? There is a deadline to sign
up by August 31, but people may become discouraged and potential members
be lost in the proceedings.

Regards

Tony Harris