RE: From Jonathan Weinberg, [Re: [council] Endorsement of final WG Cwork]

Jonathan,

You raise some very important points -- thank you for your note and
arranging that it be forwarded to the NC.

I've reviewed the principals and have to say that I find them somewhat
ambiguous and unclear - i.e., they can be interpreted to mean a wide range
of things and it is not clear what kind of effect they would have. This,
combined with Jonathan's note and his insight into the wg's discussion on
the principles, it's my view that the NC should not do anything specifically
on these principles. We've done our part by passing the resolution which
takes note of the WG-C recommendations, and forwarded these to the ICANN
staff.

Theresa